To enable dark mode on Facebook, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or go to the Facebook website on your computer.
- Log in to your Facebook account using your username and password.
- On the Facebook app, tap on the menu button (three horizontal lines) located at the top right corner of the screen. On the website, click on the downward-facing arrow in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select "Settings & Privacy."
- On the expanded menu, choose "Dark Mode" from the list of options.
- Toggle the switch next to "Dark Mode" to enable it. You will notice that the Facebook interface transforms into a dark color scheme.
- If you prefer to schedule dark mode, tap on "On" next to "Dark Mode" and choose your preferred schedule (automatic, custom or sunset to sunrise).
- To disable dark mode and revert to the default light mode, simply toggle off the switch next to "Dark Mode."
Please note that the appearance of dark mode may vary slightly depending on the version of the Facebook app or website you are using.
What are the options to enable dark mode on Facebook Web?
Currently, Facebook does not have an official dark mode option for its web version. However, there are some workarounds that you can use to enable a dark mode-like experience on Facebook web:
- Facebook dark mode browser extensions: Install browser extensions like "Dark Reader" (available for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) or "Stylus" (available for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera) which can make webpages, including Facebook, appear in dark mode.
- Facebook theme changer extensions: Install browser extensions like "Social Fixer" (available for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari), which allows you to customize the look and feel of Facebook. It includes various themes, including dark mode options.
- Custom CSS: If you are familiar with coding, you can use a custom CSS code to modify the appearance of Facebook and enable a dark mode. There are many tutorials available online that guide you through this process.
- Facebook Messenger dark mode: Though it is not the entire Facebook web, you have an option to enable dark mode in the Messenger section. Open Messenger in your web browser, click on the profile picture in the top left corner, and toggle on the "Dark Mode" option.
Remember that these options are not official features and may not work perfectly in all situations. Facebook may eventually release an official dark mode for its web version in the future.
How to enable dark mode on Facebook for Chrome?
To enable dark mode on Facebook for Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store (chrome.google.com/webstore) and search for an extension called "Dark Mode for Facebook."
- Click on the "Add to Chrome" button next to the extension.
- A pop-up will appear asking for confirmation to add the extension. Click on "Add extension."
- Wait for the extension to be installed. When the installation is complete, a small icon with a moon symbol will appear at the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Go to www.facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the dark mode extension icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Enable the "Dark Mode" toggle switch.
- The Facebook interface will now transform into dark mode.
You can disable dark mode at any time by following the same steps and turning off the "Dark Mode" toggle switch.
What are the requirements to enable dark mode on Facebook?
To enable dark mode on Facebook, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Device Compatibility: Dark mode is available on the following devices: iOS (iPhone and iPad) Android devices Desktop/laptop browsers
- Software/App Version: Make sure you are using the latest version of the Facebook app or accessing Facebook through a compatible browser.
- Facebook App Settings: iOS: On your iPhone or iPad, go to "Settings" > "Display & Brightness" > "Appearance" and select "Dark" or "Auto" to enable dark mode globally, including for Facebook. Android: Open the Facebook app > Tap the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) in the top-right corner > Scroll down and tap "Settings & Privacy" > Toggle on "Dark Mode" to enable dark mode. Desktop Browsers: Dark mode on Facebook can be enabled by adjusting the browser settings or by using browser extensions. For example, for Google Chrome, you can install extensions like "Dark Reader" to activate dark mode on Facebook. Other browsers may have similar extensions or built-in dark mode options.
Note: It's possible that Facebook may roll out dark mode gradually, so it might not be available for every user immediately.
How to toggle between light and dark mode on Facebook?
As of April 2022, Facebook does not have a built-in toggle button to switch between light and dark mode directly on the app or website. However, you can change your overall device settings to enable dark mode, and Facebook will automatically switch to dark mode when your device is set to it.
Here's how to enable dark mode on popular devices/systems:
- For iOS: Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad ➞ Display & Brightness ➞ Select "Dark" under Appearance.
- For Android: The process may vary depending on your device, but typically you can enable dark mode through the following steps: Settings ➞ Display ➞ Dark theme/Night mode...
- For Facebook Web (browser): You can't toggle dark mode directly in the Facebook settings, but you can try using browser extensions or plugins specifically designed to enable dark mode on websites. Some popular examples are Dark Reader, Night Eye, or FB Dark Mode. Install the extension of your choice, and it should automatically apply dark mode to websites like Facebook.
Remember to update your device or browser to the latest version to ensure compatibility with dark mode features.
What is the dark mode feature in the Facebook app?
The Dark Mode feature in the Facebook app is a visual option that changes the app's color scheme to a darker interface. Instead of the usual white background, the Dark Mode uses dark or black backgrounds with light-colored text and icons. It aims to reduce eye strain, enhance readability in low-light environments, and provide a different aesthetic to the app's appearance.